Wednesday 21 December 2011

Improving the FHL Part 1

This blog is solely based on my own opinion and in no way does it represent the Akwesasne Warriors organisation.

While some of what I'm about to suggest in the upcoming series may not seem feasible, I will present the ideas anyway as I do not have access to a lot of the information to thoroughly review them so I simply observe what I can and make judgement that way.

There are seven teams. Eight if you count Delaware which I am reluctant about doing. Danville is struggling like a skydiver without a parachute though.

I'll start with some truths about Danville
The two closest FHL cities are:

Alexandria Bay, NY(1000 Island Privateers)
TO: Danville, IL
Total Est. Time: 13 hrs 27 mins
Total Est. Distance: 823.23 mi

Wayne, NJ(New Jersey Outlaws)
TO: Danville, IL
Total Est. Time: 13 hrs 13 mins
Total Est. Distance: 808.82 mi

They are averaging 382 fans per night which is lower than the league average.

They have one win which came in a shoot out against...... The Warriors I am ashamed to say.

A .042 winning percentage. The leagues rush for expansion has left other teams forced to spend on travel to play a team that is in a league of it's own... In this case it's really not a good thing to be in a league of your own and I am sorry to Dasher fans and the league but anyone who doesn't see this is lying to themselves. Unfortunately there is no first overrall pick for finishing last.

My solution: I feel the league should cut ties with the Danville franchise. Other teams in the league would be thankful. The players of other teams would be thankful with less travel. With their embarrassing record and bleak team outlook going forward the Danville players would be thankful despite not collecting a paycheck.
The amount of money spent on travel will be lessened and can only benefit every single team EAST of Danville(That's all of them for those without a map handy).

**********
 
Stay tuned for part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment