Tuesday 3 January 2012

Warriors Special: David Plouffe Interview!



JF: Hello David!


Plouffe: Hi Joseph


JF: Okay lets start out with a fan submitted question.What do you do in preparation for a game?

Plouffe: Well I try to eat all the time, The same lunch, I'm at the rink an hour before the warm-up. Once I'm there I prepare all my stuff and I listen to music.

JF: Any pregame rituals?

Plouffe: I have to many rituals to explain each of them, I think all the goalies have a lot of small rituals



































JF: Was the red avatar on your helmet your idea?

Plouffe: Yes , i was inspired by the movie, but took the Warriors colors

JF: How do you feel about fellow goaltender Adam Thompson?

Plouffe: I think Adam & me form a really good team, he has a lot of experience and helps me in some situations. It's important to have a good competition between both goalies.


JF: What championships have you won in your career? Which one means the most to you?


Plouffe: I think all of the championships are special and hard to win, but the one with the Cornwall Comets was special because I won the MVP as well. 

JF: Your off to a slow start this season with a 6-7 record. A few people feel you play best in the second half of the season. Would you agree?


Plouffe:  I don't think it's true for all my years, I try to be at my best for all the games. But for sure, after Christmas, in hockey language, it's a new season, and everybody steps up, so the goalies have to be really good in every game.
For this year, we had some bad games, I try to keep the team in the game, but sometimes it's hard. For sure, the warriors have to step it up and be better in the second part of the year, because right now, you don't see the real warriors....


JF: Which team in the FHL do you like to play against most?


Plouffe: We play 1000 islands a lot, so I have to like to play against them. I like to play against Danbury, in Danbury, it's a good challenge with the big crowds out there.

JF: You played in the LNAH before signing with Akwesasne. What made you make the jump to the FHL? Which league do you feel is more competitive?

Plouffe: I made the jump to the FHL because in the LNAH, I have to drive three hours for home games, here it's a hour and a half and we have a bus for all road games, so it's less travelling for me. Both league are competitive. The FHL this year is better than last year. The LNAH has been around for about 20 years so it's normal if the league is more solid, but I'm sure the FHL will be more solid year after year.

JF: When did David Plouffe realise he was going to be a goalie?

Plouffe:  I started in nets when I was five years old because I'm in love with the equipment. Also Patrick Roy was a big influence on me.

JF: Do you feel you adapt your style of play from one season to the next based on defense or do you stick to what you know and improve on it each year?

Plouffe: For sure I have to adapt my style to the guys I play with. I like to play the puck around my net, so I have to talk and adjust my play with all defense.

JF: Anything you want to say to the fans?

Plouffe:  Thanks for supporting the Warriors, the second part of the season will be better for us, and we need all of you to win the cup. You are really important to the players and you make it fun.

Thank you David.




No comments:

Post a Comment